Have you ever wondered about the concept of breathing exercises ? Instructions of right breathing areprovided by instructors every now and then. But why?
Is there any particular concept that talks about it? Why are we advised to take control of our breath? Why is a lot of stress given to it? Does it hold a very vital role in our life?
We will find the answer to this below by a step to step conversation by building the concepts, reasons and facts.
Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar says ” The breath has a great secret to offer. The importance of breathing is vital as the concept of oxygen and ATP . Have you ever noticed that when some kid cries , they forget to inhale and exhale properly . Same happens to adults whenever they come across some unnatural causes“.
Our normal breathing changes and this causes us severe pain in eyes, brain and other body parts .
Surprisingly our ancient descendants knew about this, that our breathing is important.
In the concept of Pranayama prime focus is breath.
Let’s dive more into this and know what all Pranayama is.
Gift of our descendants: Pranayama
Pranayam is a concept that talks about breathing systems. It identifies the right technique and allows us to get the best experience out of it. It includes an acknowledged control of our breaths.
While yoga is all about poses and asanas , pranayama is an inseparable part of it. An Asana is incomplete once we do not follow the breathing techniques properly.
Pranayama talks about the right inhale , exhale and breath holding which brings us to a relaxing state.” Prana” means energy and life and ” Yama” means control in Sanskrit. Hence you purposely inhale and exhale in pranayama in a particular sequence.
Components of Pranayama
Pranayama has three essential components.
Puraka , Rechaka , and Kumbhaka.
Puraka talks about inward breath,
Rechaka about inward breaths
Kumbhaka about maintenance of breath.
Check points while doing Pranayama
- Keep your eyes closed while doing pranayama.
- Ideally we should do it after the act of asanas.
- Breathing is to be done through the nose .
- Amid pranayama, there ought not be strain in facial muscles or any other body part.
- Make inward breath and exhalation delayed in a slow way.
- Take care of your stomach development which swells a bit amid inward breath and goes inner amid the exhalation.
- The 1:2 proportion should be kept in mind. Exhalation time ought to be twofold the inward breath.
- Avoid to perform Kumbhaka (maintenance of breath) in the underlying stage. After a drawn out routine with regards to the 1:2 proportion, one ought to take in the maintenance of breath under the direction of an equipped instructor.
3 best breathing pranayam
So this is about Pranayama. Learn the art of doing mudras right by clicking here.