By Mansi Sehdev
Senior citizens are the life of our homes. These days we are all mostly at home and using phone, laptop, and TV for entertainment and infotainment has increased. There are many senior citizens like your parents or grandparents who listen to bhajans on TV, watch videos online, or listen to songs. The one thing common between all of these is the need of good headphones. For the ease and convenience of seniors, it is recommended you get wireless headphones. They are super easy to use, have the latest technology, and your loved senior citizens will not be bothered by the hassles of wires and tangles.
Overview of headphones for elderly
You might have elderly family members at home. Nowadays since most of our time is spent indoors, the use of headphones has increased. Buying headphones for seniors online can be slightly tricky.
Some things you need to consider before buying TV headphones for seniors are :-
- it has to fit just right
- headphones need to be easy to use
- should have a long battery life
- should be compatible with the senior family member’s phone and TV
It is the sale season, so you can browse different options online and save some money as well. there are different types of wireless headphones for seniors available – neckband headphones and wireless pods are the two most popular kinds. The good thing is that you can definitely find a lot of options online and can buy the ones that are best suitable and fit your budget.
Read on to find our top picks for headphones for seniors.
1. Boat Rockerzz 255
Boat is one of the leading brands for headphones and earphones. Boat Rockerz 255 wireless headphones are a great option for seniors. They are super lightweight and come with a battery backup of up to 8 hours. The brand is known for its amazing quality and these headphones for seniors will pump their favorite tunes with powerful HD sound quality and deep-rooted bass.
These headphones have wireless functionality and free access controls making them perfect to be used on the go like when traveling or when going for a walk. Some other features that make these headphones a must buy are –
- IPX% – making these wireless headphones for seniors sweat and water resistant
- Perfect length cable for hassle free usage experience
- Voice assistant – integrated with Google Assistant and Siri
- Magnetic earbuds with secure tip for proper fit
- Easy controls – play/ pause and volume controls
They are available in a variety of colors like blue, black, red, and purple. The added benefit with these headphones is that you get 1 year warranty from the date of purchase.
OnePlus is a brand that needs no introduction. The Z bass edition OnePlus Bullets are one of the best wireless headphones for seniors. This edition comes equipped with Bluetooth v5.0 and are compatible with Apple and android phones. Charge for 10 minutes and enjoy for 10 hours!
They are super easy and convenient to use, making them the best type of wireless headphones for senior citizens. The design is sleek and the sound quality is amazing. IP%% technology makes them sweat and water-resistant, so senior citizens can easily use these headphones while on their morning or evening walk or during their yoga session. With one full charge you get a massive play time of 17 hours which means your entertainment will not be halted. They also have environmental noise-cancelling algorithm-enabled microphone for perfect calls. These are in-ear type and are available in 3 colors – red, blue, and black
Next on the list of headphones for seniors, we explore another great brand – Mi. Mi True Wireless Earphones 2C have many advanced features –
- Dual mic environmental noise cancellation
- Universal compatibility with phone, laptop, and tablets
- Compatible with Windows, android, and Apple
- Comes with easy one step pairing
- One touch access to voice assistance
- High definition audio clarity with with AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) codec even on the go
- Can go up to 5 hours in a single charge
The half in-ear design fits the ear canal snugly for more comfort and stability inside and out. The pocket-sized portable charging case provides up to 20 hours music backup. They come in classy white color and look super amazing. Buy them here.
If you want to gift wireless headphones to seniors (your parents or grandparents), then do consider this classic and stylish option. They look a lot like Apple Airpods but come at a fraction of their cost.
Sony is a brand that’s synonymous with quality and Sony WI – 200 wireless headphones are among the best TV headphones are seniors. They have an in-Built Mic for Hands free calling with HD voice, quick charge – charge for 10 minutes for 60 minutes playback, Up to 15 Hours of battery life, have a tangle free design and are super lightweight making them the perfect choice for senior citizens.
You can activate your Sony WI – 200 wireless headphones with a single touch and have Google Assistant helping you with voice assistance. They are available in 2 classic colors – black and white. Behind the neck design makes these headphones super secure as well.
- Long battery life – up to 12 hours of playtime for every charge. Takes 1 – 1.5 hours to get fully charged
- IPX5 technology makes them sweat proof and waterproof for 1 meters deep for 30 minutes
- Designed with Bluetooth 5.0, the wireless ear buds own fast and stable transmission without tangling.
- Off-Axis magnetic technology – Oval-shaped ear bud with nozzle angled at 60 degree tunnels the sound directly into the ear canal.
- Flexible yet sturdy design – The light yet sturdy, neck band can drape comfortably across the neck with supreme comfort
- Noise Isolating Aerospace Grade AL Drivers – X1-WL comes with Built-in micro-woofers that produce a deep bass, isolating noise in any environment
They come with a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase. They are available in 4 beautiful colors – black, grey, red, and blue.
You can buy any of these amazing wireless headphones for seniors and make their life easy!