Mark Twain said, “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” The post-retirement years should be the most fruitful period of your life where you can cherish this silver innings phase by living it for yourself. Just like the thorns on the stem of the rose don’t affect its beauty; issues of any kind shouldn’t ruin this exquisite experience of yours.
Supposedly, a common issue aging brings with itself is the problem in collecting sounds, the Hearing Loss. Well, don’t make this common issue a pain in your neck because we are here by your side to tell you all about the perfect solution of the same, Hearing Aids.
ANY SUCH SYMPTOMS? GO FOR A TEST!
- People with hearing difficulty seem to mumble more frequently
- Experience a ringing sound in the ear/s
- They often ask people to repeat themselves
- Problem with hearing normal household sounds, such as the dripping of a faucet or the ringing of a doorbell
- Difficulty in understanding a conversation when in a large group or crowd
- Have trouble understanding all the words in a conversation
- Phone conversations become increasingly difficult.
Initially, you may be in denial about your hearing loss, as the process comes on so gradually, but if you found any of the above mentioned symptoms, make a visit to your family doctor, an Ear specialist or a hearing care specialist such as an audiologist or hearing instrument provider. He or she will guide you the best treatment for you .If you want to stay away of this problem go for annual hearing examination
POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS OF HEARING DISABILITY:
If you are facing the problem of hearing loss, we are here as a helping hand for you people .. Treatment varies from individual to individual and relies on the cause and extremity of your hearing loss.
- Removing wax blockage. Earwax blockage is a reversible cause of hearing loss. With the help of oil and then flushing, dysfunctioning or scooping this process is carried out.
- Surgical procedures.In case of traumatic ear or repeated infection, Surgery is mandatory that requires insertion of small tubes that help the ear drains.
- Hearing aids. Hearing aids are helpful when your inner ear is damaged .It will make sound stronger and easier for you to hear. The best option is to visit to an audiologist for the benefits of using a hearing aid.
- Cochlear implants. In case of severe hearing , cochlear implant is the fruitful option for you .loss Unlike a hearing aid that amplifies sound and directs it into your ear canal, a cochlear implant compensates for damaged or nonworking parts of your inner ear. If you’re considering a cochlear implant, your audiologist, along with a medical doctor who specializes in disorders of the ears, nose and throat (ENT), can discuss the risks and benefits with you.
WHAT IS A HEARING AID AND HOW DOES IT HELP?
- A hearing aid is a battery-powered electronic device for improving your hearing .It is designed in an easy manner so that a person can easily wear it in or behind the ear. The aid may help you hear sounds in a complex and noisy environment. Here is how a hearing aid:
- The microphone picks up sound from the surrounding.
- The amplifier makes the sound loud.
- A receiver sends these amplified sounds into your ear.
Hearing aid is not beneficial for everyone, only 1 among 5 can have benefit of wearing hearing aids not everyone with hearing loss can benefit from hearing aids. In most of the cases people damage to their inner ear or the nerve that links the ear with the brain, this damage can disease, aging, loud noises or medications.
You became prisoners of our public persona but now is actually the time for liberation, freedom to pursue so many things that you wanted to do, but could not because of lack of time. So, don’t let hearing loss and aging trouble you, instead go out confident and find the best hearing aid for yourself.